Beginning in early 2015, Writeonpoint was contracted to serve as webmaster for ushistory.org, which includes thousands of individual pages and which receives 50 million hits annually.
We undertook the following initiatives:
- Implemented responsive mobile-friendly design throughut all major sections
- Added social media sharing
- Created and regularly update a Facebook page with engaging posts
- Added hundreds of public-domain or properly licenced free images
- Revised and edited content for accuracy and presentation
- Added thousands of internal links within and between sections of the site
- Identified and removed copyright violations
- Optimized ad code and ad strategy
- Redesigned and reorganized site navigation
- Improved overall attractiveness and functionality
As a result of this work, the site has experienced a dramatic uptick in both viewership and revenue
Before and After:
This is just a small sample of some of the specific sections of ushistory.org that we have redesigned and rebuilt.
You will need to disable pop-up blockers in order to view samples.